15 January 2011

Primitive Crow in a Bucket

I love finding new crafts to make that involve primitive crows. For this one I found a couple of cute, fat-looking crows in an online craft store somewhere. So they were my starting point for this project.

Primitive Crow in a Bucket
I always have some mini rusty tin buckets around for my primitive craft projects, so I thought I'd have the primitive crow sit perched on top of the bucket. First I added some gingham homespun around the bucket and topped that with a rusty tin star (always a good standby for embellishing prim projects). Then I added some green floral foam inside the bucket. Next, I added some burgundy and green pip berry stems and stuck them into the foam. I covered the foam with some Spanish moss, to give it a touch of drieds. I always like the way that looks anyway, and it kind of looks like something a bird would have in its nest too. And the crow itself was attached to a wooden pick, so I just trimmed that down a bit and stuck that in the center of the floral foam. And voila: Primitive Crow in a Bucket!


post signature