19 January 2011

Fixins Jar Tealight Lamp

I kind of have an addiction to Mason jars. I love using them for lots of things, especially around the house or as gifts. One day I was trying to think of a new primitive lighting idea that would incorporate one of my Mason jars, and this is what I came up with.



I took an empty Mason jar and filled the bottom 2/3 of it with some primitive fixins. I always have them around, and they look great as bowl fillers, so why not in a jar as well? I used unscented fixins, but you could use scented ones too. Then I tied on a strip of primitive homespun around the top of the jar, and I added a glass votive cup, which sits in the opening of the jar. If you use a votive cup that flutes out at the top, it will better fit the opening of the jar. Then I added a battery operated tealight candle...though if you're a fan of real tealights or votive candles, you could use those too. After that all that was left was to add a prim-looking lid for when the jar isn't in use. And there you have a Primitive Fixins Jar Tealight Lamp.


post signature