22 January 2011

Grungy Wooden Spools

Being the grungy addict that I am, I love finding new things to grungy up and look primitive. Wooden things are always fun, though some are more challenging to grungy than others. But something that I enjoy a lot are the Grungy Wooden Spools. 


I make these the same way to I do my Grungy Clothespins. I melt my wax in my Presto Pot and add my favorite scent (Cinnamon Buns). Then I dip and roll the spools in the wax to coat and immediately roll them through ground cinnamon. You can use other ground spices too, but I like just cinnamon for most wooden things. I leave the spools set as I do each one in that first dipping and spice-rolling. Then, after they've all been dipped and rolled, I roll each one in the melted wax again to seal them up. 

These make wonderful Primitive Bowl Fillers. They can be used alone or with other bowl fillers, or with your favorite prim fixins.


post signature