22 February 2011

Time Flies Primitive Hangtag

I usually post my altered art projects over at my Art Chick Studio blog. But since this one has such a primitive feel to it, I thought I'd post it here at Tattered Sisters instead. It's my Time Flies Primitive Hangtag. I'm using this as an entry into the 3 Muses Time Challenge.

Primitive Time Flies Hangtag
This hangtag is really two hangtags in one. The larger one is a 7 Gypsies tag that already comes with a background pattern/design on it. The only altering I did to it was to distress the edges with Distress Ink, and scallop the bottom with some paper edgers.

Then I created the smaller hangtag, beginning with a grungy hangtag I already had on hand. I stamped on a clock image, and I added a copper brad to serve as the hands of the clock.  I also added two different scalloped pieces of scrapbook paper to the bottom of the tag, distressing both with some ink. Then I added a vintage photo of a littler girl fairy, perched upon a little bird.She looks ready to fly, just like time.

For embellishments I added more copper brads; one to the girl's dress, to look like a button, one to the top of the hangtag, and two to the bottom corners of the smaller hangtag, which are actually holding it in place on the larger tag. Next came the brown and cream alpha stickers, spelling out Time Flies, and the last touch was a yellow rhinestone gem on the butterfly image on the larger tag.

 So this hangtag is really one part primitive, one part altered art, and one part grungy goods! And all together, I kind of like it.

post signature