02 February 2011

Primitive Annies Bowl Fillers

I'm always looking for new things to do with muslin bags. They are so affordable, and so easy to use in various primitive craft projects. Most of the time I like to grungy them up for that real primitive look, but sometimes I will leave them plain and see what I can do with them. Here's one idea that I think is really cute that features graphics that look like primitive dolls.

Primitive Annie Bowl Fillers

These are just plain white muslin bags that measure 3-1/4" x 5" in size. To add the graphics, I just found some that I liked in my vast collection, and then I printed them onto iron-on transfer inkjet paper, which you can find at any office supply store. Then I ironed them onto the bags, and finished them off by stuffing them with fiberfill. The only thing you have to remember when using iron-on transfer paper is that if whatever you are printing includes text, you need to choose the option to reverse the design before you print. Otherwise, your text will print backwards. ;)

I have used these as primitive bowl fillers, mixed with some pip berry accents and old buttons. You could also throw in other handmade fabric ornies, or dough ornies. But they can also be perfect on any  little country or prim shelf decor you have in your home. And you can use absolutely any graphics you have to print on these and change them out from season to season. They would also make really cute gifts.


post signature