27 February 2011

Prim Vintage Clothespin Magnets

While in my studio last weekend I had been playing around with some vintage clothespins that I had in my laundry room. I ended up making some shabby chic style magnets out of them first, but then I decided I need to do some more primitive versions of the magnets. So I created these Prim Vintage Clothespin Magnets, which really also could be Primitive Bowl Fillers instead. You could really consider these Altered Art too, since they are vintage clothespins that I altered.

Primitive Button Clothespin Magnet
 Prim Button Clothespin

Primitive Star Clothespin Magnet
Prim Star Clothespin


For the Primitive Button Clothespin Magnet, I started by wrapping it with a strip of distressed muslin. Then I wrapped it with a smaller strip of burgundy gingham homespun fabric, and topped it with a cream-colored button.

For the Primitive Star Clothespin Magnet, I started by wrapping it with a strip of burlap. The I wrapped it with a smaller strip of mustard-colored plaid homespun, and topped it with a rusty tin star.

Then I just added a small craft magnet to the back of each clothespin to make them into primitive magnets, which again, could easily be left off if you wanted to just uses these as primitive bowl fillers instead. I am kind of a homemade magnet addict though, so these are going on my refrigerator. :o)

post signature